Zappiti (English)

How can we improve Zappiti?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add Dolby Vision and make UHD 4K blu ray player like OPPO.

Please add Dolby Vision and make UHD 4K blu ray player like OPPO. OPPO already discontinued their products.

214 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Android Version 8

In Zappiti we are using other Android Apps on Google aswell. Yesterday i was reading "This App is not compatible with your device" because the App was for Android Version 8 (Oreo) AT LEAST (8 or higher). Looking at the System Info I founf out that even the newest Zapitti Firmware is version 6.0.1 which was released in December 2015. So is there any chance that we will see an Upgade to higher Android Versions in Zappiti ? I know that this is not Windows but I think our 4K HDR Boxes have such good Hardware that they can handle…

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add dynamic HDR (dynamic gamma / tone mapping) optimization like Panasonic HDR optimizer

Especially for projectors which are limited in light output it is crucial to have a adaption of the gamma curve for HDR.
    Otherwise the picture will be way to dark.
    The best technical solution in the market is currently the Panasonic HDR optimizer.
    It would be very helpful to have a similar feature in Zappiti.

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Re-add the limit on Recent

Your new version of Video has the following "improvement":

- The “recent” module no longer returns a limited number of results.

Now everything you have ever added appears in Recent for the life of the product, which entirely defeats the purpose of having a Recent icon. If you want to see everything already you have an All option.

By not having a limitation here you make loading Recent take an incredibly long time (the reason I never use All in the first place).

I fail to understand why you have ruined this functionality and replicated the All functionality simply to…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SMB v2 Support

Please add for support for Samba SMB v2. v1 is no longer safe and supported by default in Windows 10. It's unsafe and insecure so please add support for v2 in a future firmware, after all Zidoo and Dune HD have managed it.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Map custom categories to folders and/or allow multiple movies to be selected and change their category

Zappiti (video) allows for customer categories/module however you can only edit movies one at a time to map them to the custom category. This is very manually intensive for those that have large movie collections.

It would be a huge help if:

1. A custom category/module could be mapped to a folder on a NAS/internal HDD folder and all the movies in that folder are then associated with the category

2. Able to select multiple movies and edit them to have the new custom category

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add support for 5.1 PCM uncompressed multi channel format.

Please add support for this uncompressed multi channel format. Several movies of mine plus concerts contains this format and when I play them, the sound is just muted.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Higher resolution covers & backgrounds

Please add an ability to filter higher resolution covers and backgrounds.
    My LG OLED in 4K deserves to see higher res covers and backgrounds.
    I’ve spent so many hours just trying the supplied Zappiti dB images and others and there are so many poor res fuzzy images.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please add HDR10+

Please add HDR10+ , it is a "free" license ($ 4000 per year for the SOC vendor).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Identification

Bulk Identification

I have around 800 video files not identified as TV Shows in my zappiti.
    I can't spend all that time identying each to the zappiti DB one by one.
    It would be great if there was a way to select all the files from the same show and identify all of them at the same time.
    This would be a great time saver.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. make a simple stand alone version for zappiti media center V4 without server / nas / network for pc where everything is on local hdd

All my movies are on local hdd (45To) so I don't need server / network stuff. All I need is the database and a nice interface to launch the movies.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Autoplay and Playlists.

It would be great if your software can perform Autoplay of video files and create Playlists.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Favourite locations (NAS)

I have several NAS sources for video content that I'd like to be able to access. At present this requires a lot of clicking to go from one NAS to another NAS. I'd like to see a way to have some favourite locations saved for quick access.

Other mediaplayers (e.g. Med8er) have this for many years now

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 172 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to switch off hints when zappiti video is loading

Zappiti (Video) always shows hints when it loads - it would be great to be able to switch off hints

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improvements to Change Picture

When you bring up the Change Picture menu, you are show both posters and wallpaper but you can change only one of them. Either split this up to two different functions or allow user to select a new poster and/or new wallpaper and apply the change to both in a single action. Also, show what the current poster and wallpaper are while navigating for new ones.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Organize movie extras within the same movie as a group

When a movie is stored in a folder along with another folder containing Extras for that movie, it would be nice if the interface groups these automatically together. Inside the main folder, there would be an option to play the movie or open the Extras folder and select a video from there. Currently this has to be done manually so it would be nice if it's done automatically.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Skins

It would be nice if there come more skins than just classic or gray

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Zappiti Music Database

Zappiti Music looks just like "Explorer", and doesn't do much more than "Explorer"...
    In fact, I preferer to use Explorer to listen to music, rather than the dedicated app...
    It was expected to integrate a full database, like Zappiti vídeo, with suport for cover art, indexing and full search by álbum, autor, etc, like any decente player does (look at Windows media player)
    The way it is now, lacks any funcionality at all

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Zappiti Music  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. bdmv

Allow playback of all bluray BDMV folders as blurays with menus by simply selecting the folder and hitting enter. Right now playing a BDMV with menu only works if the BDMV is inside another folder with the movie title. Making this change would allow networked optical drives to share playback of actual discs. Currently Zappiti sees a shared optical disc as just a networked share with only a BDMV and certificate folder inside it and opens the folders instead of playing the movie or menu.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base