Zappiti (English)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Database on the Zapitti Device HDD, or at a Memory Card or USB Drive

I would like to have the possibility to use the database not online. Insted I like to have the Database on the Zapitti Device. Maybe on the HDD of the Player, or on a USB Drive or on a Memory Card where is put into the Zapitti device. So it would be quite fast to search or handle the movies that I own and no other device has to be running. And it would also work if the Internet Connection is broken or very slow.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. My Dealer says to my; you can play annything on your zap.. one 4khdr player. But now i can not playing Gemini man 4 K hdr HFR on my LG C9.

My Dealer says to my; you can play annything on your zap.. one 4khdr player. But now i can not playing Gemini man 4K hdr HFR on my LG C9.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dolby Vision

If you had a player that supports dolby vision, I would 100% purchase one. Do you have plans for this? I have an Oppo 203 which i'm looking to replace

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Offer a smaller version NAS RIP 4K HDR at a reduced price

A smaller version of the Zappiti NAS RIP 4K HDR with perhaps 2 or 3 bays at a reduced price would appeal to the average consumer like me. I bet it would grow to be your best seller!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SMB v2 Support

Please add for support for Samba SMB v2. v1 is no longer safe and supported by default in Windows 10. It's unsafe and insecure so please add support for v2 in a future firmware, after all Zidoo and Dune HD have managed it.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would like to see new and more stable version of Android OS

I would like to see in future fresh new and more stable version of Android OS,because 6.1.1 is outdated and slow,and this results in constant crashing of some applications,very iritanting.Regards

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Subtitle Shadow

Can you make white subs with some shadow arround the letters? This can be easy to read when the movie has white screen like snow or something! Thank you!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Srt subtitle placement on the TV Screen

Most movies are not full screen, but have a black bar above and below the picture. Zappiti always has the subtitles displayed on the picture portion of the screen even when the upper and low black bars are present. We can move the subtitles up but not down. We need the option to move the subtitles down and take advantage of this dark area to position the subtitle text there. In other words, the offset option in the subtitle’s settings should have the ability to go negative.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "Gallery is not reacting. Do you want to close the app?"

I have a Zappiti PRO, firmware OS 3.13.
    After startup i can watch every movie of my Synology NAS with no problem.
    After closing that movie, i see the message mentioned above.
    I can choose "wait" or "OK", but anyhow after this i cannot watch any movie anymore, even not the one i was watching before.
    Seems software bug to me?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. MaxCLL/MaxFALL activation metadata for OLED

The metadata MaxCLL/MaxFALL is 0 as I think and please activate it .
    This is a problem with the OLED tvs .
    Lowest media players have it and we have the best media player and we don't have it

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SMB2 support needed urgently

I can't believe I just spent a significant sum of money on a high end media player only to find it doesn't support SMB2 so I can't share my media library to it! This is unacceptable, you should not require your customers to downgrade their network security in order to use your product. This needs fixing asap.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add Dolby Vision and make UHD 4K blu ray player like OPPO.

Please add Dolby Vision and make UHD 4K blu ray player like OPPO. OPPO already discontinued their products.

329 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unmount function

I have a request for the up coming update. Can you please place a short cut for a UNMOUNT icon/function on the main screen (or Z Movie screen)?? Majority of us using external hdds to store/watch movies. To disconnect/remove the drives without unmounted would corrupt/destroy the drives. Going into Setting-storage...etc.. to unmount everytime is too complicated. Or can you program 1 of the color buttons on the remote to function as UNMOUNT hdd?? Since I started using the Zappiti, my USB drives were required to be scanned/fixed (by the PC) everytime they were removed/disconnected

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add dynamic HDR (dynamic gamma / tone mapping) optimization like Panasonic HDR optimizer

Especially for projectors which are limited in light output it is crucial to have a adaption of the gamma curve for HDR.
    Otherwise the picture will be way to dark.
    The best technical solution in the market is currently the Panasonic HDR optimizer.
    It would be very helpful to have a similar feature in Zappiti.

239 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bluetooth connected remote

Bluetooth connected remote for the players, at least on the higher end models. Bluetooth remotes have longer range and do not depend on pointing towards the player. They generally work best - see apple tv remote

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. NEED TO DISABLE AUDIO IN MAIN HDMI OUTPUT!!!

I have a ZAPPITTI ONE SE 4K HDR
    I need your help, because I can't disable the audio in the MAIN HDMI output that connects to the tv.
    As I have a NOT HDMI compatible A/V receiver, and I'm using an optical cable to connect to it, (via the Optical Digital Audio Output of the ZAPPITTI) I have to sert the tv volume to 0 because audio is getting out via mu audio system and my tv!!! (with a not desired eco sound effect)
    I need to know how can I do to DISABLE the sound from HDMI MAIN output…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Increase volume steps from 15 to 100

Currenty the volume control only goes from 1 to 15 so not much of a range i own other players which are stll android based that go from 1 to 100 so you have more control and steps in volume which is really handy if listening through headphones as you can adjust with the remote.
    This allows much more control over the volume steps

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Movie and TV show desciptions/information

I would like to be able to view descriptions (see the cast, Director, poster of the movie, synopsis, etc) of a movie or tv show while watching the movie. Similar to a blu ray disc where you can pull up the movie/tv show information while watching the movie or tv show.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add the term of the chapter

when the menu is opened (during playback of blu-ray content) and the chapters can be selected, the chapters are displayed with their own running time and not the position in the film.

like:
    chapter: 01/28 00:08:12
    chapter: 02/28 00:05:45
    chapter: 03/28 00:03:32

the correct indication would be the following:
    chapter: 01/28 00:08:12
    chapter: 02/28 00:13:57
    chapter: 03/28 00:17:29

it would be nice if that be implemented. thx

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support 16TB drives not just 10TB in dual HDD-carrying chassis Zappiti boxes

Support 16TB drives not just 10TB in dual HDD-carrying chassis Zappiti boxes. This would make me want one as I have 16TB drives.. oddly I just went AWAY from 10TB.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base