1. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dynamic Auto Tone Mapping

For us projector folks, I think it would be awesome if the Zappiti could do dynamic auto tone mapping. Yes you can buy a $5000+ projector that has that feature. For those that can't afford something like that, if the Zappiti could do auto tone mapping like the Panasonic UB820 and UB9000 can would be great!

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Compatibility with Upcoming Synology DSM Version 7

Synology has just released a DSM (7.0) blocking root access to packages.
    https://www.synology.com/.../supportedthirdparty...
    Mono and Zappiti Server are affected by the issue, knowing that Mono is not developed by Zappiti and is needed to run Zappiti Server.
    Anyone upgrading to DSM 7.0 will no longer be able to use Zappiti Server on Synology.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fixing Problems with new database

Now That we no longer can use TVDB, There are big problems with
    The Incomplete TMDB (why IMDB can't be used for TV series is beyond me),some Series which are listed differently are
    now separated from The Original folders in my Zappiti For example
    If I now add a Looney Tune cartoon It goes in a new folder, not the one I made using TVDB both are labeled "Looney Tunes" A Feature That lets you combine two Series folders is badly needed

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Player 4K  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show correct aspect ratios!

Download correct aspect ratios with Imdb to get correct information. 90 % of the movies have incorrect aspect information. Synching with the database is a very easy process.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Organize / Group TV shows

Maybe there's a way to already do this, but I've not found it. I can rename movies and organize alphabettically the way I want to. However for TV shows I can't. The upper name that they display by is not adjustable. I will give 2 examples off hand:

a) Scooby Doo.
    I have several seasons of different Scooby Doo Shows. For instance let's just use 2 as an example: one is "What's New Scooby Doo" and another is "Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc". I would like these to display next to each other. If there was a way to adjust the top…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Player 4K  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add support for DSD files (.dff and .dsf) to the MUSIC app

Add support for DSD files (.dff and .dsf) and in particular multichannels to the MUSIC app, and possibly to EXPLORE.
    because :
    - Hibby plays DSF files but not multichannels and converts multichannels FLAC to stereo.
    - USB Audio Player PRO sends audio to USB but not to HDMI

It would suffice to send the stream to the audio output in bitsream because it is the AV receiver that does the decoding.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Music  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Newest Chipset RTD1619DR hexa-core 64-bits on new model

New player with RTD1619DR hexa-core 64-bits will be appreciated

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A Category for Documentaries in Zappiti Video in same manner as Movies and Series

I love to watch documentaries, but adding them under MOVIES on a drive configured to my Zappiti Pro 4K HDR just cause them to become unidentified. If I choose to add them without being identified they show up as zombies without cover. My suggestion is to add full support for documentaries as a new main category, and have them identified as such automatically, with covers etc.

I know one can play documentaries using Zappiti Explorer, and it works fine. It would still be a lot more elegant with them as their own category.

PS! There were no 'Zappiti Video' category…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Titles in IMDB with some types are not findable

Some titles which exist in IMDB are not able to be found when identifying with Zappiti video, even when supplying the IMDB number. For example
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1024966/?ref=ttch
    The title can be found externally with the search
    url="search/title?title="+IDLnetURL.URLEncode(query)+"&titletype=feature,tvmovie,documentary,short"
    so I suspect it is because Zappiti is not including "short" in the search.
    A full list of IMDB title types can be seen here:
    https://www.imdb.com/search/title/
    I suggest that the Zappiti player either have the ability to select item types, or that every defined title type be included in one of the two types of Zappiti search (MOVIE or TV…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Direct play of speciffic file

I would need the API function to directly call a speciffic file/movie like a "Quick Start Button" to make demos in a Cinema. Best by path, Movie Name or ID

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provice Architecture Support for Synology NAS Year 21 models AMD Ryzen V1000 Architecture

I have recently upgraded my Synology NAS to a DS1621+.
    Zappiti does not support the new set of CPUs from Synology the AMD Ryzen ones namely the V1500B.
    I have lost Zappiti on the new NAS would be great to have this architecture supported.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Zappiti 4 k great media player.............!!!!!!!!!!

Zappiti is not a great home cinema player!!! Why because you can not make a file with in the beginning a pre show (trailer en dolby,Dts trailers) and the begin with the main event of the day.

Why is that not possible in 2021 are we living in the old age?

Please to all Zappiti users, please vote for this Make this for real

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Transparent Font Background

I would like to see options Transparent Background for font, that it can be adjusted black background alpha for font. Now If I selected white subtitle for .srt and if there is a brighter background in the movies, those subtitles are difficult to read.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change text size on explorer file lists

Previously when you selected small for the font size option the text on the explorer screen was small but now it is larger and it is not possible to change this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Foobar 2000 gapless playing on Zappiti 4k but not decoding 5.1 or 4.0 channells on Audiocom Edition

The most advanced player ever built, cannot work with alternate music players such as Foobar 2000,AIMP and VLC except in stereo mode for the audio files encoded in multichannel version such as wav McH, Flac 5.1 ... but it play everything gapless, no pauses, no stopping, ... everything works fine, except Zappiti is not decoding the multichannels, even if the player is set to passthrough ...stereo only for audiofiles whatsoever, and 5.1 for videofiles (VLC only).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Change the screen setup for sagas or groups like 007 so that it’s easier to select a movie

Have the ability to change the layout of the screen within a saga or groups like in the case of 007 movies if you want, where you have to currently scroll through lots of movies to get to the one you want. If it can be changed to a 2 or 3 line display that would help in the case where there are lots of movies within the group.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dedicated external keyboard keys for the "Menu" and "checkmark" remote buttons

The ability to edit your collections using only an external keyboard so you don't have to press anything on the remote. Dedicated external keyboard keys for the "Menu" and "checkmark" remote buttons. This will reduce the use of the remote and prolong it's functionality. will avoid too much wear and tear. PLEASE! I'm a proud pro 4K owner and very happy with it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Subtitle placement

Most movies are not full screen, but have a black bar above and below the picture. Zappiti always has the subtitles displayed on the picture portion of the screen even when the upper and low black bars are present. We can move the subtitles up but not down. We need the option to move the subtitles down and take advantage of this dark area to position the subtitle text there. In other words, the offset option in the subtitle’s settings should have the ability to go negative.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base