Zappiti (English)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it work with TCL 4K HDR TVs

Currently with TCL 4K HDR TVs (such as the TCL 65R615, which supports HDR10 and Dolby Vision), playing 4K source material with HDR does not work properly. Any color in the orange/pink/red spectrum looks like it's being hit with a black light and is going hugely flourescent. This works regardless of input on the TV or cable used (both things the techs have asked me to try). I am had firmware version 3.12. You might think I should try 3.13 but that works even worse with this TV - not only do you get no HDR, the colors are all…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve App Zappiti Music Control

The shuffle replay is limited to one folder (current). I suggest extend this function to the whole local media. The most of car media players do that. It is very useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Music  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Output 720p 23.976fps as 720p 59.94fps instead of 1080p 23.976fps with Direct Output

I have an external scaler and would love to see that direct output outputs
    720p 23.976fps as 720p 59.94fps instead of 1080p 23.976fps or add an option and let the user decide what should happen - "prefer resolution over framerate"

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. bdmv

Allow playback of all bluray BDMV folders as blurays with menus by simply selecting the folder and hitting enter. Right now playing a BDMV with menu only works if the BDMV is inside another folder with the movie title. Making this change would allow networked optical drives to share playback of actual discs. Currently Zappiti sees a shared optical disc as just a networked share with only a BDMV and certificate folder inside it and opens the folders instead of playing the movie or menu.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. rajout d'un raccourci PICTURES sur menu de présentation du Zappti

n'est-il pas possible de rajouter outre movie, explorer et muisic un icône Picture sur el menu départ du Zappity pour regarder plus facilement les photos stockée sur le Zappity NAS? Cdt.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. make a simple stand alone version for zappiti media center V4 without server / nas / network for pc where everything is on local hdd

All my movies are on local hdd (45To) so I don't need server / network stuff. All I need is the database and a nice interface to launch the movies.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add an option to always play 3D movies in 2D

It would be great to have an option to play 3D movies in 2D. As I have 2 zappitis one for a 3D TV one for 2D only TV I have to have to have separate 3D and 2D movie on the respective player. I would only need the 3D movie for both players if the option was available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to switch off hints when zappiti video is loading

Zappiti (Video) always shows hints when it loads - it would be great to be able to switch off hints

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Map custom categories to folders and/or allow multiple movies to be selected and change their category

Zappiti (video) allows for customer categories/module however you can only edit movies one at a time to map them to the custom category. This is very manually intensive for those that have large movie collections.

It would be a huge help if:

1. A custom category/module could be mapped to a folder on a NAS/internal HDD folder and all the movies in that folder are then associated with the category

2. Able to select multiple movies and edit them to have the new custom category

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. wma files ?

please can you add the wma Files to the musical files of the device ? I know the wma file is a very poor file,but I find certain LPs only in this format in the web

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Music  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support special characters in passwords on remote servers when connecting via SMB (Zappiti Video and Zappiti Explorer)

Support special characters in passwords on remote servers when connecting via SMB (Zappiti Video and Zappiti Explorer). This works on the desktop client, but the app on the Zappiti Mini 4K HDR does not support this, popping up a misleading "Account disabled" error message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Wäre schön, wenn es eine Altersbegrenzung geben würde, die man selbst ändern kann wie zum Beispiel Blu ray zu DVD.

Wäre schön, wenn es eine Altersbegrenzung geben würde, die man selbst ändern kann wie zum Beispiel Blu ray zu DVD.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Own playlists or folders for movies

It would be great if it were possible to assign movies or series to a favorite playlist or folder. For example, you could display all children's favorite movies in one folder, or all movies you want to watch together, or something similar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SMB v2 Support

Please add for support for Samba SMB v2. v1 is no longer safe and supported by default in Windows 10. It's unsafe and insecure so please add support for v2 in a future firmware, after all Zidoo and Dune HD have managed it.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to add Artwork to any entry in the DB files by USB or Network shares

Some ISO and other media files might not be listed in IMDB ect. so the ability to add own artwork or Covers from Disk

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add .mpo 3d image capability

3D MPO files are just two jpeg files contained together (left and right view). They are used by 3D cameras and Nintendo 3DS. It should be very easy to add the ability to display these files as SBS or OU or even better as frame packed for 3D displays.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Re-add the limit on Recent

Your new version of Video has the following "improvement":

- The “recent” module no longer returns a limited number of results.

Now everything you have ever added appears in Recent for the life of the product, which entirely defeats the purpose of having a Recent icon. If you want to see everything already you have an All option.

By not having a limitation here you make loading Recent take an incredibly long time (the reason I never use All in the first place).

I fail to understand why you have ruined this functionality and replicated the All functionality simply to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Any plans for Savant integration?

I love the idea of this product, and its much more affordability against comptetitors like kaleidescape. Was wondering if there are any plans for making drivers for Savant control system?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix the narrow and distorted 4:3 aspect ratio window

Fix the narrow and distorted 4:3 aspect ratio window bug.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base