Zappiti (English)

How can we improve Zappiti?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Qnap Server for Zappiti

Please create a Qnap Server version. You have one for Synology but it would be great to have a version for Qnap. The cloud is way to slow to the point it is unusable and I have a 4k mini player which is sitting there gathering dust

388 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    76 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manual TV season creation for Extras & Specials

I posted the request in the Zappiti forum under ZMC subforum with an extensive explanation http://www.zappitiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=777

If a series is locked at the season level on theTVDB.com site then there is mo way to add extras or specials unless theTVDB site grants the request.

Please allow for the manual creation of season 0 OR special folder under the series top folder.

246 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Forced subtitles support

Currently there is no support for the “forced flag” within mkv video files. This means that movies like Avatar with foreign language parts will not show the subtitles in case they have the forced flag, which is the usually way to implement those subtitles. At the moment one has to manually activate the subtitles for those movies.
    Many other players from Egreat, Popcorn Hour or Dune support this.

229 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add Dolby Vision and make UHD 4K blu ray player like OPPO.

Please add Dolby Vision and make UHD 4K blu ray player like OPPO. OPPO already discontinued their products.

211 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reproduce at native resolution

I would like to ask you to set the zappiti one 4k hdr so that all videos that I play are native resolution and not upscaling by Zappiti.
    So if I watch a 720p or 1080p video play its native resolution and not in 4k.
    Thanks.

207 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Changer manuellement là ratio d écran en plein écran

Pouvoir augmenter ou diminué manuellement là ratio d image d un film lorsqu il est en 2/40 le mettre en plein écran vers une ration d image En 1/78 en plein écran pour pouvoir profité au maximum d un film en imax ou en 3D

202 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please add Movie Covers in Zappiti Explorer for Thumbnail View Mode

Could you please add Thumbnail View Mode for Movie & Music Posters in Explorer? So we just insert .jpg inside for movie folders and show up in Thumbnail mode in case of we have many HDDs and some places we don't have internet connection.
    Thanks!

194 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add an option to set output resolution to Auto

I would like to see an option to set the TV system/output resolution to Auto instead of only fixed resolutions. For me and other users with both a 4K & 1080P display, i have to manually change back to 3840x2160 everytime i watch something on my 1080p display.

Instead, If there was an Auto option in the output settings that could match the input signal with the output, this would not be a problem anymore. The Oppo 203 for example have exactly this as an option.

Please add this in a future firmware if you can.

174 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 172 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support for NFS shares

NFS is easy to implement, and means that we don't have to use the (performance-wise) inferior SMB shares.

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add dynamic HDR (dynamic gamma / tone mapping) optimization like Panasonic HDR optimizer

Especially for projectors which are limited in light output it is crucial to have a adaption of the gamma curve for HDR.
    Otherwise the picture will be way to dark.
    The best technical solution in the market is currently the Panasonic HDR optimizer.
    It would be very helpful to have a similar feature in Zappiti.

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please provide a persistent option to select forced output at 4K24 (3840x2160p24 UHD) for all source including the menus.

Currently, menus are displayed @30/60Hz. It would be nice if there was an option to select them to be sent out at @24Hz. This would greatly help with HDMI handshaking sync times, especially noticeable for those of us that use the Zappiti with a JVC projector that has long sync times.

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Lip Sync

One of the main feature missing is the lip Sync. the unit shall be able to adjust the delay (positive or negative) for the audio track.

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Playlists in Media Center View

In Media-Center view pls create playlist by pressing "Enter" so you can zapp to the next episode, when watching one just by pressing ">>|"

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Zappiti Music Database

Zappiti Music looks just like "Explorer", and doesn't do much more than "Explorer"...
    In fact, I preferer to use Explorer to listen to music, rather than the dedicated app...
    It was expected to integrate a full database, like Zappiti vídeo, with suport for cover art, indexing and full search by álbum, autor, etc, like any decente player does (look at Windows media player)
    The way it is now, lacks any funcionality at all

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Zappiti Music  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. An option to choose between MagicPixel 1 or 2 or to turn it off

An option to choose between MagicPixel 1 or 2 or to turn it off completely.

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Video streaming compatible Zappiti Media Center V4.

Video streaming for tablets and smartphones is now only available for old generation of Zappiti Player. It could be nice to have the same app for Zappiti Media Center V4 and Zappiti Player 4K owners.

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Android Version 8

In Zappiti we are using other Android Apps on Google aswell. Yesterday i was reading "This App is not compatible with your device" because the App was for Android Version 8 (Oreo) AT LEAST (8 or higher). Looking at the System Info I founf out that even the newest Zapitti Firmware is version 6.0.1 which was released in December 2015. So is there any chance that we will see an Upgade to higher Android Versions in Zappiti ? I know that this is not Windows but I think our 4K HDR Boxes have such good Hardware that they can handle…

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Netflix 4k

I would love to use the Netflix app on the Zappiti mini 4k HDR.
    But the current Netflix app is only providing 720p quality, so that is of no use to me. I can't wait to see an update on that, so 1080p and 4k series can be watched!

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base