Zappiti (English)

How can we improve Zappiti?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Italic and Bold subs

The player needs the ability to display italic and bold text from srt subtitle files. Almost all other high-end players have this feature.

SRT can use HTML tags for Italic and Bold, at the very least.

a line <i>like this</i> will have some italic text.
    a line <b>like this</b> will have some bold text.

As it is now, the player just displays the <i>, </i>, </b> and <b> as text.
    Please integrate this feature in a future release if at all possible.

Please integrate this feature in a future release if possible.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Synology server for Dune Hd and Zappiti Player first generation

Synology server for Dune Hd and Zappiti Player first generation. Currently have 871 movies and 102 tv shows. Zappiti Cloud is two slow using version 3x and version 2x as limited options.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Many 4:3 Videos were stretched to full format instead Original Aspect Ratio.

Many 4:3 Videos are streteched to Full format instead the Original Aspect Ratio. This looks terrible. You must always set the right Aspect Ratio in the Video Player manually, because he does not keep the setting.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Zappiti Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Zappiti Explorer App "Favorite".

Please add the ability to have "Favorite" folders to be placed on the home screen for fast access. I have my own movie scenes and trailers I want to play fast, and not have to open the explorer app everytime I want to watch them.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Use Android TV OS instead of Android mobile OS

I love pretty much everything with the Zappiti players and they work really well for my needs but there is one thing i wish you can improve. The OS experience. I am not sure it it's even possible to do but i would like to see a TV based OS in the players instead of the mobile OS currently used. Because this OS is designed firsthand for mobile devices and not for the TV experience.
    If there is a technical possibility to make this change, please do and this player will be even better than it already is.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A way to change the aspect ratio to FIT mode as default

There should be a way to change the default aspect ratio.
    Now it's always in full mode as default and it stretches the picture.
    It's annoying to have to change the aspect ratio every time you start a video to FIT mode.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show Movie/Series Name beneath the Cover

It's hard to find movies/series that dont have the Nave written big in the cover and I cant find my asiatic movies with chinese symbols in the cover.
    Sometimes I think I'm searching a movie with t or s, but I'm still in the region where the 'the' is and I dont recognse. (sounds funny to write)

It would be great to be able to show the movies/series name beneath the cover.
    Maybe also an option to turn it on or off? And maybe you could map A-Z on the 0-9 Buttons to jump right to this area?

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. bitstream DSD

It would be really useful for a media player such as Zappiti 4k HDR to be able to do bitstream (over HDMI) DSD files, stereo and multichannel (sacd.iso, DSD and DFF) to a one independent or integrated DAC such as the receivers or the OPPO players as well.

Just for sacd.iso could be a problem because most of them contain compressed information DST but most probably Realtek RTD1295 can not get overwhelmed at the threat of this task.

Finally, it would be the problem of stereo or multichannel selection for sacd.iso but it can also be solved.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3D Movies should be automatically scraped as 3D Movies

When a File got the "3D" characters in its filename it should be automatically scraped by the zappiti mediacenter as a 3D Movie.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Manual subtitle download

When the subtitle is not found how about letting users input the search string and manually picking a sub?

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Autoplay and Playlists.

It would be great if your software can perform Autoplay of video files and create Playlists.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow the TMDb to be used to identify TV shows

I would like the option to pick the TMDb for identifying TV shows rather than being fixed on TheTVDb. This would allow all the special episodes and pilots to be found which don't seem to be allowed on the TheTVDb.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Is it possible to get a "direct" function that disables Magic Pixel prossesing of the image.

It should be possible to disable the Magic Pixel prossesing, possibly a "direct out" function, especially when source material has same resolution as the destination (tv) (1080p material on 1080p display).

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Next track, Prev Track, Page up, Page Down

Can you make the Arrow up, and arrow down buttos on the remote work like Next track, Prev Track, Page up, Page Down?

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Interface graphique type "Jukebox" pour la musique

des interfaces graphique type "Jukebox " rétro pour écouter
    la musique , avec la possibilité de créer facilement des playlists
    selon les occasions ..

Bon Zappiti à tous

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Music  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Smoother Subtitles and more options for subtitles and HTML Subtitles

Smooter subtitles and no <p> subs </p> anymore. And more options for subtitles like Kodi.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "Source-Direct"

"Source-Direct" mean automatic RESOLUTION Switching on the new 4k HDR Mini !!

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. USB 3.0 Expansion

I bought the Zappiti One 4K HDR Players, and it is great. However, I'm running into a limitation of 5 USB drives using a USB expansion drive. It should supports as many drive as an expansion drive has and right now it is a severe limitation for people with a lot of external USB drives. Please add this to next patch/release.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support for Samba 2 and 3

Currently only Samba1 is supported.
    And that's a shame, considering how buggy it is and how many exploits are in the wild.
    Support for Samba 2 and/or 3 has to be implemented. Ideally, like a responsible vendor, Samba 1 should not be even supported. That will force users with NAS's to upgrade their protocol and stop relying on an unfixable protocol.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base