Zappiti (English)

How can we improve Zappiti?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto switching between 4X3 and 16X9

It would be good if Media Centre would automatically select the screen format rather than selecting Menu/Aspect Ratio then Full or Fit.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set background image in Zappiti Mediacenter

Possibility to set your own background image.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recently viewed menu

I would love to see a recently viewed menu, so that when you press the recents menu, you will have an option of selecting either recently viewed or recently added instead of going directly into added. This would make it so much easier to keep up with what you are watching.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add more languages to the subtitles

The only subtitle I can download is in english while I set all my settings in dutch

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. qnap server for zappiti

Due to the unstable performance of the Zappiti Cloud Server, I strongly recommend Zappiti to add a Server Utility on QNAP NAS units.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When looking at folders, pls. let the scroll go from botton to back to top so you do not have to cycle all the way up,

When looking at folders, pls. let the scroll go from bottom to back to top so you do not have to cycle all the way up, and the same when you need a last Item so you just move up ones from the top

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Zappiti music - gapless playback

Hi, I’ve been using the recently added music app, it is a very good addition, but there is one glaring problem that I think could be easily fixed by you, basically the transition between tracks is very poor, I wasn’t expecting gapless (like on an original CD) but the gaps are very long, the start of the following track actually skips a beat as it starts, which is very annoying.
    I’m sure there is a fix for this problem, I’m surprised this wasn’t discovered in its test phase before the live release.
    Let me know if you require any further…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Music  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Choice of subtitles file

Once you chose the language of the subtitles, it would be very comfortable to chosse between several subtitles to match perfectly the movie you wanna watch.Thx !

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add additional layer of black border to subtitle text

The current SRT subtitle is hard to read when the background is the same color as the text. Please add more black borders to the subtitle so that it is easier to read.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to play the Extras on a bluray ISO

Currently when playing a movie ISO the player doesnt load the full disc just goes straight to the film so you have no way of playing the extra content.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Subtitle placement on the TV Screen

Most movies or videos are not full screen, but have a black bar above and below the picture. Zap always has the subtitles displayed on the picture portion of the screen even when the upper and low black bars are present; Why? Take advantage of this dark area to position the subtitle text. If you view other Media Players all have the text in in this lower part of the TV Screen.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Transparent subtitle menu

It would be helpful the following idea for the meny of the subtitles:

1. Allow us to make it transparent in order to see the picture behind
    when we sync the audio !

2.Allow to do the same for the movie subs

3. Since we have 2 keys for the subs Use the subtitle key on the RC
    just for sync subs + or -

4.Allow auto to play the subs with more languages since the auto is
    not working if the subs is in different format ANSI etc

5.Allow to customise a favourite button

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Auto shutdown

Please allow me to set the automatic shutdown of the player after a specified time

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Android 7.0 nougat upgrade

To improve functionality , for better working apps and a more modern look and a lot off bug fixing issues.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Develop a Zappiti linux/debian media center for a server

Il will be very good the you develop Zappiti for computer wich use Linux Debian OS.
    Most of geek use this OS.
    Most sable than WOS or AOS.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. tmdb language

Often, the scraper TMDB is being used by zappiti. It is possible in the TMDB to select a language. It would be great if zappiti could use that option. For instance: the movie Transformers has several links. those links end with the language indicator. No indicator (or ENG) means english and the NL indicator means Netherlands (dutch) language information about the same movie.Both links:

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/38356-transformers-dark-of-the-moon?language=en

and

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/38356-transformers-dark-of-the-moon?language=nl

It should be fairly easy to implement those links in the scraper software I think.

Please vote if you think it's a good idea :)

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Organize movie extras within the same movie as a group

When a movie is stored in a folder along with another folder containing Extras for that movie, it would be nice if the interface groups these automatically together. Inside the main folder, there would be an option to play the movie or open the Extras folder and select a video from there. Currently this has to be done manually so it would be nice if it's done automatically.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Grey color subtitles ?

It would be nice to have a greyish color for subtitles. I watch HDR movies at night and the white subtitles are way too bright. Grey would help , and even transparent

thanks

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Save filter options

Hello, when i open the Z menu i can put a V in "not seen movies" and when i open ZMP i get just the movies i did not see, just like i want.
    But when i shutdown the Z and start over again, the ZMP will come again whith all movies, seen and not seen.
    I want to save that the ZMP will show me just the not seen movies on start up, or whatever a user wants to see.
    For now not verry smart for a smart device !

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base