How can we improve Zappiti?

Add an option to set output resolution to Auto

I would like to see an option to set the TV system/output resolution to Auto instead of only fixed resolutions. For me and other users with both a 4K & 1080P display, i have to manually change back to 3840x2160 everytime i watch something on my 1080p display.

Instead, If there was an Auto option in the output settings that could match the input signal with the output, this would not be a problem anymore. The Oppo 203 for example have exactly this as an option.

Please add this in a future firmware if you can.

168 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anders shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

This should be called "source direct" option, many people get confused here...

• Nolimits commented  · 

I can confirm that the autosetting does not work as it should be. Please ad this function: especially now that the competition (such as Dune HD) is catching up and will soon bring media players to the market who will support the aforementioned functions, should Zappiti do everything possible to maintain their lead and further develop the Duo 4K HDR and make it more future-proof. The competition does not sleep, so vigilance is required!

• Jean-Philippe Mermoux commented  · 

There is an auto option. But it sets the output resolution to the max that TV supports.
        If you play a 1080p file it will still upscale it to UHD instead of letting the TV do it.

• anders commented  · 

I just noticed that there is now (fw 3.09) an Auto option under settings for output resolution and i can confirm that it works well! No more manual shifting between resolutions.

Thank you Zappiti for adding it!

• Val commented  · 

It would be extremely useful indeed !!

Feedback and Knowledge Base