How can we improve Zappiti?

HDR (emulation) ON/OFF autoswitch for 4K-HDR or 1080P

It would be more than great if the HDR emulation could be turned on automatically for 4K HDR content and OFF for 1080p content and everything else.
Everbody who uses the HDR ON setting has to manually deactivate the setting whenever you watch non-HDR files or they will be totally over-saturated. I guess an auto-switch by resolution should be doable.

THX!

206 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • İskender commented  · 

Looks like they don’t care much about demans. I’m thinking of getting Duo 4k HDR but lack of support confuses me.

This media player should have an option to choose Native source. No upscaling or giving hdr effect to source. Like if you play 4k hdr source it should just trow it to your tv without doing anything without any proccessing just pass it to tv natively. That applies for 720 or 1080p also hdr or not just throw it to tv so we can benefit from our thousands of dollar worth tvs !
        Is that really that hard to dont do anything but playing it ?

• Anonymous commented  · 

And option for HDR auto should be provided. It can be set based on the presence of HDR metadata in any source.

• Shephard commented  · 

That is wrong! Sony has a couple of full HD TVs that do support HDR.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This will not work. There are many 4k sources that are not HDR and there are also 1080P digital files with HDR, but there are no FullHD TV's that can handle HDR.
        Just dont download HDR Versions, if you dont have a HDR TV! ;)

Feedback and Knowledge Base