How can we improve Zappiti?

Forced subtitles support

Currently there is no support for the “forced flag” within mkv video files. This means that movies like Avatar with foreign language parts will not show the subtitles in case they have the forced flag, which is the usually way to implement those subtitles. At the moment one has to manually activate the subtitles for those movies.
Many other players from Egreat, Popcorn Hour or Dune support this.

141 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rene shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steven Weintraub commented  · 

If they don't fix this, I won't ever buy a second Zappiti. They need to work with Realtek and get this resolved.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I think this is a Realtek issue. The same problem was apparent with their previous media player chips. I've read it is a SDK issue. They didn't bother fixing the issue then and it seems they can't be bothered now. I'm assuming this affects all of the current Egreat and Zidoo players too. Weird thing is on old firmwares of Realtek 1186 players it worked fine. Somewhere along the way they broke it.

• Marine92104 commented  · 

Please add this. It is essential for a media player. There are movies such as Spider-Man: Homecoming at the 15 minute mark where he goes into the store to order food. The owner says something in another language & Peter Parker replies in another language. Without the forced subtitles mark you can’t see what they are saying. It really takes you of the movie. I am thinking of returning my Zappiti for this very reason.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Looking for a player and seriously considered the Zappiti - until I found out about this missing feature. So another lost sale, or at least delayed until this is implemented.

No media player should be missing this

• Mike commented  · 

This is a vital thing to add. It is preventing me from purchasing this product.

• qfactor commented  · 

Adding FORCED Subs would be great and to be honest, this should be a standard!

• Peter Hespeling commented  · 

Es wäre schön wenn die Forced Subs endlich funktionieren würden.

• HDforever commented  · 

+1 : no support for the “forced flag” within mkv video files --> very problematic and surprising that zappiti player 4K HDR does not support that

• Govorun Andrey commented  · 

Hey. When watching movies, when selecting subtitles, I would like to see the NAME of the subtitle. At the moment, only the language is visible. Ideally should look like this: Language, Name.

• Anonymous commented  · 

My ISO blurays aren't playing forced subs either. It's frustrating.

• montyschneider1 commented  · 

And just to add one other issue the op did not cover, if you have full blu ray rips, and they include forced pgs subtitles, you cant even select the forced subtitle stream, they activate by the forced flag, so you literally get all subtitles then, unless you find forced subtitles manually, or remux these out yourselves which is a huge hassle. Every forum i visited looking for feedback on this machine this is the first issue raised and I cant believe it has not be suggested as an idea or addressed.

• montyschneider1 commented  · 

Love the player, but im returning one here in canada because of this.

Im not searching for blu ray subtitles by hand anymore. Popcorn hour supports this and most htpc software, its the biggest shortfall of zappiti for watching movies.

Feedback and Knowledge Base