How can we improve Zappiti?

Add fully functional fast forward/rewind & next/prev chapter buttons

When playing either an ISO or an MKV rip of a DVD, Blu-ray or UHD disc, have the ability to do "true" fast forward and rewind (as opposed to "skip" and the ability to jump to the next or previous chapter (if they are defined in the file). Since there are no such buttons on the remote this may have to be done using "virtual" buttons in the remote application on smart phones or tablets.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jerrylbell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Six66Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the best image I could find of the RC - https://www.avforums.com/image.php?imageparameters=editorial/products/ca02763e93d8396ec5c4097f6cb25e08_9960.jpg

Use the top and bottom part of the circle. Top is fast forward, bottom is rewind. Press multiple times for 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x speed (maybe more, I haven't gone higher than 8x).

Left and right will let you skip 1 minute ahead or back, up and down will do a proper FF/RE scan.

The older players used to let you jump ahead at like 10 minute intervals but best I can tell 1 minute is the only option to skip ahead with the latest players.

• Shawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously in a £400 media player it does NOT have Fast Forward or Rewind functions???
    My £80 12 year old Sumvison mkv player that this DUO replaced had that as well as multi speed slow motion.

Dear Zappiti please confirm how I do fast forward & rewind and slow motion as surely this machine cannot be that backward that it does not do it?????

Feedback and Knowledge Base