Zappiti (English)

How can we improve Zappiti?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add Dolby Vision and make UHD 4K blu ray player like OPPO.

Please add Dolby Vision and make UHD 4K blu ray player like OPPO. OPPO already discontinued their products.

198 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add dynamic HDR (dynamic gamma / tone mapping) optimization like Panasonic HDR optimizer

Especially for projectors which are limited in light output it is crucial to have a adaption of the gamma curve for HDR.
    Otherwise the picture will be way to dark.
    The best technical solution in the market is currently the Panasonic HDR optimizer.
    It would be very helpful to have a similar feature in Zappiti.

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dolby Vision

I would like to see Dolby Vision on Zappiti 4K HDR.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add support for 5.1 PCM uncompressed multi channel format.

Please add support for this uncompressed multi channel format. Several movies of mine plus concerts contains this format and when I play them, the sound is just muted.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improvements to Change Picture

When you bring up the Change Picture menu, you are show both posters and wallpaper but you can change only one of them. Either split this up to two different functions or allow user to select a new poster and/or new wallpaper and apply the change to both in a single action. Also, show what the current poster and wallpaper are while navigating for new ones.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Organize movie extras within the same movie as a group

When a movie is stored in a folder along with another folder containing Extras for that movie, it would be nice if the interface groups these automatically together. Inside the main folder, there would be an option to play the movie or open the Extras folder and select a video from there. Currently this has to be done manually so it would be nice if it's done automatically.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add HDR10+

Please add HDR10+ , it is a "free" license ($ 4000 per year for the SOC vendor).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Forced subtitles support

Currently there is no support for the “forced flag” within mkv video files. This means that movies like Avatar with foreign language parts will not show the subtitles in case they have the forced flag, which is the usually way to implement those subtitles. At the moment one has to manually activate the subtitles for those movies.
    Many other players from Egreat, Popcorn Hour or Dune support this.

229 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SMB v2 Support

Please add for support for Samba SMB v2. v1 is no longer safe and supported by default in Windows 10. It's unsafe and insecure so please add support for v2 in a future firmware, after all Zidoo and Dune HD have managed it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. USB 3.0 Expansion

I bought the Zappiti One 4K HDR Players, and it is great. However, I'm running into a limitation of 5 USB drives using a USB expansion drive. It should supports as many drive as an expansion drive has and right now it is a severe limitation for people with a lot of external USB drives. Please add this to next patch/release.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Manual subtitle download

When the subtitle is not found how about letting users input the search string and manually picking a sub?

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add an option to always play 3D movies in 2D

It would be great to have an option to play 3D movies in 2D. As I have 2 zappitis one for a 3D TV one for 2D only TV I have to have to have separate 3D and 2D movie on the respective player. I would only need the 3D movie for both players if the option was available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. PCM multichannel audio bug

On the current firmware 3.13 of 4K SE HDR player there is a bug with the output of 5.1/7.1 multi channel PCM audio track to the external AV reciever. With every settings (RAW, multichannel, Auto) the player outputs only 2.0 stereo sound. Please fix this bug.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ajouter le tri par "auteur" et "année"

Cinéphiliquement parlant, ce serait judicieux dajouter le tri par "auteur", "acteur" et "année".

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Identification

Bulk Identification

I have around 800 video files not identified as TV Shows in my zappiti.
    I can't spend all that time identying each to the zappiti DB one by one.
    It would be great if there was a way to select all the files from the same show and identify all of them at the same time.
    This would be a great time saver.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support special characters in passwords on remote servers when connecting via SMB (Zappiti Video and Zappiti Explorer)

Support special characters in passwords on remote servers when connecting via SMB (Zappiti Video and Zappiti Explorer). This works on the desktop client, but the app on the Zappiti Mini 4K HDR does not support this, popping up a misleading "Account disabled" error message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reproduce at native resolution

I would like to ask you to set the zappiti one 4k hdr so that all videos that I play are native resolution and not upscaling by Zappiti.
    So if I watch a 720p or 1080p video play its native resolution and not in 4k.
    Thanks.

207 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to add Artwork to any entry in the DB files by USB or Network shares

Some ISO and other media files might not be listed in IMDB ect. so the ability to add own artwork or Covers from Disk

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make the colours more vivid & accurate for HDR > SDR Tone mapping

Colours are less punchy and "off" compared to the Blu ray counter parts and other tone mapping conversions.
    Eg. red is too orange.
    Look at 44:30 minutes in on Johnny English Strikes Again - the news reel.
    Hugh Jackman's red coat at the beginning of The Greatest Showman etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base