Zappiti (English)

How can we improve Zappiti?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Static IP

Function Static IP (manual) do not work.
    By unchecking DHCP player will disconnect from network.
    Setting desired IP, Gateway, DNS will not enable network connection.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. subtitle shift

i would like to shift subtitles to bottom black bar.
    Some Blu-ray players can.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Have an option to change to Silver Theme within Explorer

As with the home screen, it would be great to be able to toggle to a silver theme within explorer.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. link zappiti with "tv showtime"

if you link zappiti with tv showtime ( android app) so we could see wich episode we need yet to see , so they will be marked as seen in the app

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dune Update

Hello I am holding a hd 3d base dunes with dune firmware you can install your own? for the covers need to yadis or does it directly mediaplayer ?? thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Explorer Icon Box in Folder view should be eliminated for other use.

The icon Box to the right of the file/folder view is redundant. Use this space to extend the length of the file names. Though it is cool to have a picture in this box when highlighting a folders, this is not the case for individual files, thereby useless and the space should be used to length file name. Also, a ticker-tape of the file name should be a feature for each highlighted folder and file having more text than provided in the file name space.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. as the movie is playing we push info and we see the cover in tranparence and time and ....

as the movie is playing we push info and we see the cover in tranparence and time is playing and what sound and other info
    the cover is very cool for see, you have something like that on the med8003D and that is very cool

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop trying to keep identifying files that has already failed

Each time I start my Zappiti, it starts a identify task, which is fine. But this task tries to identify all unknown files, even those that have been already tried and failed.

It should be stored in the database which files has already been tried identified and failed, so they don't have to be identified again.

This would mean that it should be possible, through the menus, to start an identify job that re-identifies all previously failed files.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow to modify the main tittle of a TV serie

To allow proper sorting of the series, please allow simple modification of the main title of a TV serie. I suggest a similar approach than the groups of movies. This would give us the possibility to organize properly the series. For exemple: The 100 -> 100 (the) would put the serie 100 under 100 and not T....

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Explorer, ticker-tap view of lengthly file names.

Most video player have ticker-tap viewing of file name that are longer than the space provided. I name my files making them especially long, e.g. "S!-Star Wars 5 1980 The Empire Strikes Back, Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher.mkv". I would suggest also that the box to the right of the file name be eliminated to allow for more viewing of the file names. Besides, file information can be viewed using the "INFO" button. Thought the icon box works for folders containing pictures, once a file is selected that are is redundant; used the space to extend the length of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Subtitle size varies from video to video, and the numberical setting, e.g. '20', remains constant.

Subtitle text-view changes in size from one video to another; even though the size numerical setting remains unchanged. This effect is due to the aspect value of the video. Separate the subtitle text present from the aspect ratio of the video. In doing so, one a subtitle size is selected it will remain constant for each and every other video played. Again, other media players have this feature for years.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Gapless playback of FLAC (and other formats) audio files when using DLNA.

When playing a music album using a DLNA player casting to Zappiti player, where each song is ripped in it's own FLAC file, it would be nice to be able to play the files with no gaps.

I can see, when my TV is on while playing an album, that the music player keeps starting and stopping for each file played, which takes 1-2 seconds between each file.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve the instructions on the media player, use YouTube

1. Use someone who has not used the media player to write the instructions. I had some difficult finding the files until I discover that you enter the file then scroll to the right then please ok.
    2. Use Youtube for describe initial set up procedureand problem you encounter
    3.You need to difine the description of the files better, if you have 2 file for one film how would you identify them?
    4. Improve the ring around the ok button, very difficult to see the back button, home button for the first time user. Of course not problem once you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Slow changing of song using DLNA on new firmware B7 / Player 4K 4.8.126

It takes up to 20 seconds for my Zappiti player to react to an action using DLNA after new firmware B7 / Player 4K (version 4.8.126) on the Zappiti box.

I usually play uncompressed FLAC files in various bit rates.

Previously it was a smooth experience navigating the Zappiti player using DLNA, but not anymore.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Auto switching between 4X3 and 16X9

It would be good if Media Centre would automatically select the screen format rather than selecting Menu/Aspect Ratio then Full or Fit.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Choice of subtitles file

Once you chose the language of the subtitles, it would be very comfortable to chosse between several subtitles to match perfectly the movie you wanna watch.Thx !

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide a method to create a playlist for video files, so you can play several files without manually selecting and starting.

With this option you could make a set of video files and have Zappiti play them one other, e.g. a set of trailers or a trailer followed by a movie. Maybe it could be based on the existing grouping of video files or a separate feature

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Player 4K  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Recently viewed menu

I would love to see a recently viewed menu, so that when you press the recents menu, you will have an option of selecting either recently viewed or recently added instead of going directly into added. This would make it so much easier to keep up with what you are watching.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base