Zappiti (English)

How can we improve Zappiti?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. TuneIn radio over ethernet cable

I have WD TV Live. On it I can listen to TuneIn radio while WD is connected to the internet with the cable. I have to disconnect the ethernet cable on Zappiti so the device can connect over wireless network to be able to listen to TuneIn radio. To do this every day is pointless.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please remove glass cover effect from synopsis page.

We must have an option to remove glass effect from covers in synopsis page, just like cover wall.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. HDMI CEC: Menu button

Hey Zappiti people
    I love using all my devices with one remote and HDMI CEC is a blessing for this... but for the Zappiti I need to keep the remote around for one function only: the menu button. If I want to use any of the functions hidden behind the menu button I can't use my TV's remote as none of the buttons seem to be mapped to this function.
    Could this button be mapped to a more convenient and universal button like 'guide' or the colour buttons (which are currently not used). Or even crazier: let users map CEC…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SMB2 support needed urgently

I can't believe I just spent a significant sum of money on a high end media player only to find it doesn't support SMB2 so I can't share my media library to it! This is unacceptable, you should not require your customers to downgrade their network security in order to use your product. This needs fixing asap.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remove content if no longer in scan folder

In old ZMC versions you can move a folder out of your identified folders so next time you scan it will remove from the DB. Either I'm blind or Zappiti Video doesn't have this functionality, and the scan/identification process is way off that manually deleting series one by one is brutally time consuming.

When a file or series is no longer in the watch folder, it should be removed on the next scan/identification process.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Black bars behinde the subtitle to make them read better.

The option to use black bars behinde the subtitle to make them read better special on full screen movies.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Night mode

The evening and the night, the volume of sound of actions such as explosions is too loud.
    Is it possible to add a night mode to control the Dynamic Range Compression (DRC)?

I would like to point out that I have a hi-fi amplifier that does not have this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Register on PC

It is difficult to register your product, you should users register products on PC with the product token

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Forced subtitles support

Currently there is no support for the “forced flag” within mkv video files. This means that movies like Avatar with foreign language parts will not show the subtitles in case they have the forced flag, which is the usually way to implement those subtitles. At the moment one has to manually activate the subtitles for those movies.
    Many other players from Egreat, Popcorn Hour or Dune support this.

231 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. sortez une telecommande digne du produit la telecommande de ma box xifait office de haut de gamme par rapport a celle de mon zappiti 4k HDR

sortez une télécommande digne du produit .
    la télécommande de ma xiaomi mi box s ou la mi box fait office de haut de gamme par rapport a celle de mon zappiti 4k HD.
    avec la zappiti ,si je ne vise pas le zappiti ,ça ne fonctionne pas .
    le temps de réponse trop long.honnêtement faites aussi bien que la xiaomi et ce sera parfait

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add .mpo 3d image capability

3D MPO files are just two jpeg files contained together (left and right view). They are used by 3D cameras and Nintendo 3DS. It should be very easy to add the ability to display these files as SBS or OU or even better as frame packed for 3D displays.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Manual subtitle download

When the subtitle is not found how about letting users input the search string and manually picking a sub?

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Dynamic sound compressor

Hi,
    I'd be great to be able to select a dynamic sound compressor like some audio amp do i.e. loud sounds get played quieter and vice versa. It is sometimes called "night mode".
    I think this option was available at one time in the settings screen but I can't find it any more ...
    Thanks !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. USB 3.0 Expansion

I bought the Zappiti One 4K HDR Players, and it is great. However, I'm running into a limitation of 5 USB drives using a USB expansion drive. It should supports as many drive as an expansion drive has and right now it is a severe limitation for people with a lot of external USB drives. Please add this to next patch/release.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make it work with TCL 4K HDR TVs

Currently with TCL 4K HDR TVs (such as the TCL 65R615, which supports HDR10 and Dolby Vision), playing 4K source material with HDR does not work properly. Any color in the orange/pink/red spectrum looks like it's being hit with a black light and is going hugely flourescent. This works regardless of input on the TV or cable used (both things the techs have asked me to try). I am had firmware version 3.12. You might think I should try 3.13 but that works even worse with this TV - not only do you get no HDR, the colors are all…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve App Zappiti Music Control

The shuffle replay is limited to one folder (current). I suggest extend this function to the whole local media. The most of car media players do that. It is very useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Music  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Output 720p 23.976fps as 720p 59.94fps instead of 1080p 23.976fps with Direct Output

I have an external scaler and would love to see that direct output outputs
    720p 23.976fps as 720p 59.94fps instead of 1080p 23.976fps or add an option and let the user decide what should happen - "prefer resolution over framerate"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Playing the contents of a folder in random mode

How is it possible that Zappiti has forgotten about the basic functionality that occurs in most players, namely random playback. I am very disappointed, because on my player I have a collection of music videos in one folder and I would like to play them in random mode and this function is not there :( I am VERY PLEASED for the random function of the folder contents I know that not only I need this functionality in Zappiti Explorer

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. rajout d'un raccourci PICTURES sur menu de présentation du Zappti

n'est-il pas possible de rajouter outre movie, explorer et muisic un icône Picture sur el menu départ du Zappity pour regarder plus facilement les photos stockée sur le Zappity NAS? Cdt.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base