Zappiti (English)

Hello,

This forum is for you.

Please, help us to bring you the better of Zappiti.

Please note that this page is only there to make suggestions to help us improve our products.
If you have a question or an issue please contact our support at : 

tickets@zappiti.uservoice.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Interface] When you select a module (e.g. Recent), have the outer white border a different colour

At the moment, when you move along the various modules (e.g. Movies, TV Shows, Recent, etc..) the one you're currently on gets approx 20% bigger.

However about having it change colour too, something that stands out?

Sometimes it takes me a few seconds to work out which one I'm currently on, because the increase in size is quite subtle.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Capital letter at the beginning of each word in name of Modules

There is one enjoying thing with the way names of Modules are handled at the bottom of the screen in Zappiti Video.

A feature is built into the application to convert the first letter of each word of the name to a capital letter and the rest in lower case letters. For example the module TV-Serier (in Swedish) is displayed as Tv-Serier since it’s being converted by the application. The same thing happened when I changed the label of the module 4K to 4K / UHD. It’s being displayed as 4K / Uhd.

I suggest that this feature is removed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Reference  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. All Zappiti DV : Fix various bugs on the video signal, before thinking about adding features !

-> Fix 12 bit bug, when you select the setting for 12-bit color up-mapping (WITHOUT using VS10) and you get an 8-bit output signal !

-> Fix the HDMI range values, which are not standard, but somewhere between 16-235 and 0-255 !

-> Allow the possibility to select chroma subsampling in 12 bit 4:2:2 WITHOUT using the VS10 (and without bug) !

-> Implement an On/Off setting to allow the user to activate or deactivate according to HIS choice, the modifications of the "Magic Pixel" on the video signal !

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. installer une nouvelle fonctionnalite dans Zappiti Explorer

est-il possible d'avoir la possibilité de déplacer un fichier ou un dossier d'un disque dur à un autre dans Zappiti Explorer sans être obliger de faire copier/coller ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. [Feature] Fast forward and rewind on music player

Why is there no fast forward or rewind on the Music player?? This is a feature of any and all music players, I even had it on my old western digital media player i shouldn't have to ask for this it should be an essential feature.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Music  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. [Feature] Remaining playback time on front display instead of counting up time (Zappiti Neo)

Remaining playback time on front display instead of counting up time (Zappiti Neo)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Auto daylight save mode

Last weekend of March and October, the displayed time should be automatically adjusted. This set should be located in Home>Setup>General menu

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Signature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. External subtitle brightness adjustment for HDR video

External subtitle brightness adjustment for HDR video or different subtitle colors for SDR (white) and HDR (grey)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like your New skin.but I would love improvements to the way one edit's Groups

The Home Page would be even better if one's groups and titles would show up like Netflix or HBO max Groups that have a lot of titles are troublesome to scroll though It would be better if one had the option of pages with all the tiles in the group displayed as small covers would be great ,(much Like files in TV folder show up) The Home page would be nice if you could add a image
    to a category you created So a little picture of Paul McCartney would link to all you McCartney videos ect

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. [Navigation] Establish scrolling feature for TV show episodes

When TV show episodes are listed, you currently have to drill down into each episode to get the info and play the episode. This causes the user to have to continually go back and forth. It would be MUCH more user friendly to establish a scrolling process to move through episodes and still see all the appropriate info/data for that episode.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Display the file size anywhere on the presentation screen.

When we have a same movie several times, they are grouped together wich his fine.
    But to decide which is the best quality one it could be also usefull to see the size of each files from the presentation screen.
    We already have the codec and quality description but this size file info could be very usefull when codec are not correctly read.
    Here I have to go to edit menu to read the file name and then go on my NAS to check the size of each of them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. [Interface] Movie Wall Tile Sizing

On large TV's the size of the wall tiles are too small and the ability to scale/enlarge these would be amazing (like in Plex).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Better Cinemascope/Widescreen Support

I am using the Neo on a cinemascope screen in 21:9 and to fit the menu, the widescreen mode (Overscan or better underscan).

The moviewall and posters are getting cut and while browsing the movie wall, the covers scrollen through the 16:9 area.

It would be great, when the lower and upper part are blanked from 21:9 (as adjusted) to 16:9 and no covers, posters or Title are getting cut.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Neo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. [Local Server] Docker for all Systems, not only Synology

I don't understand, why docker is only available for Synology. While Synology is based on Intel-CPU's shouldn't it be possible to use it on other systems?

I personally use an Intel NUC which has Ubuntu and docker. The docker I am using are able to use on Synology too. But the Zappiti Server docker only runs on Synology.

My Media is on unraid (which also can use docker) and I don't want to buy a Synology NAS just for the Server-docker.

When docker on Intel based Systems are used, why don't let the user decide? I don't get the point…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. [Interface] Allow custom banners

Enable creation of custom banners for discs/files in addition to the predefined ones (like 'Bonus' or 'Disc 1').

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. [Identification] Add configurable keywords filter to exclude files from identification

I am also a Plex user that have many extra/bonus files that conform to Plex's naming convention. E.g., Teaser-trailer.mkv and The Making Of-featurette.mkv. I now have over 2,000 such files that failed identification in Zappiti. I am suggesting that Zappiti should add configurable keywords filter to exclude files with name that matched one of the keywords from being added to the identification process. Example of keywords (for my user case) are "trailer," "featurette," "deleted," and "behindthescenes." A file name matching pattern for exclusion will also work. E.g., *-trailer.mkv, *-featurette.mkv, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Zappiti Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. [Feature] Quick toggle for subtitles when necessary

Several people have already posted suggestions relating to the problem of short pieces of movies being in a foreign language and not coming up on the subtitles. If this cannot be fixed or fixed easily, then it would be nice to have a quick toggle button (I use RTI, but any IP or IR control) to turn on our preferred language subtitles instead of having to fumble with the menu and turning on the right language, and then of course having to do the same to turn it off, taking away from the enjoyment of the movie. I see it…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. [Scraper] Add TVDB as paying extra

Now that tvdb is removed, please add it again as a paying extra.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. [Integration] Voice Commands

Hello,
    With the help of your service tech Chris, I can use my Zappiti with a keyboard. Here is an improvement consideration.

How about giving the Zappiti the ability to respond to voice commands? Such as asking the player to locate a particular movie or song. The Zappiti maybe used with the Amazon Alexa or Google Home. I have an extensive move library. This, like the keyboard, would be perfect. Thank you.

TJ Thorn

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. [Interface] A visual message that 3D function is on or off

A visual message that 3D function is on or off.
    Currently if you press the 3D button on the remote or app there is no indication it is turned on / off. A message on screen informing the user 3D is on or off would be helpful.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base