Zappiti (English)

Hello,

This forum is for you.

Please, help us to bring you the better of Zappiti.

Please note that this page is only there to make suggestions to help us improve our products.
If you have a question or an issue please contact our support at : 

tickets@zappiti.uservoice.com

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Group] Add Group Nesting

The ability to add groups within groups

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Group] Fast scroll when adding a movie

When adding a movie to a group either already existing or newly created it would be possible to fast scroll to the group by either being able to click on the first letter of the movie or by pressing a number on the remote.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Functionality] A Play All button for a file(not a TV Show)

While The way the play next function for a tv series sometimes doesn't work that great ,with delays I would like a function that does the same thing for videos in a folder (thats not in TV Shows folder)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Subtitles] Height that will adapt to the aspect ratio

I find myself often changing the subtitle height for an external subtitle to fit the image : 30 for a 16/9 movie, 130 for a 2.35 movie so it doesn't appear in the black bars but on the image itself. It can be kind of annoying to have to change when I switch back and forth between movies and Tv Shows.

Would it be possible to program something like "subtitle height memory", the Zappiti will remember preferred subtitles height for each different Aspect Ratio or some way to detect black bars and automatically adjust the subtitles above them ?

Thank…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Functionality] Multiple selection

Allow the possibility to select several files/movies/episod to be selected on the same time in order to be moved in a group in one shot instead of moving them one by one

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [Categories] More Video Options other than Movies like Video Songs, Stage Shows

It would be good to have more main categories other than Movies under Video. There should be options for multilingual folders/categories, Video songs, Stage shows, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. [Feature] More options for HDR to SDR conversion

I would like more options with the HDR to SDR conversion feature. For example, a way to set the number of target Nits and store this value in the Zappiti player for each movie.

The Panasonic UB9000 player has two projector HDR Optimizer mode, so you get “Projector Basic Luminance” that tone maps to 350Nits and the “Projector High Luminance” that maps HDR to 500Nits. In my configuration, the Panasonic player does a better job with 350 Nits than the Zappiti so I think that providing more options would help the Zappiti video rendering with HDR content on SDR screens.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. [Subtitles] Shadow

Can you make white subs with some shadow arround the letters? This can be easy to read when the movie has white screen like snow or something! Thank you!

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [Functionality] Ability to easily delete videos from Explorer

I am often needing to delete small video files from Explorer after viewing. It would be nice to have an easy way to delete files (using the “delete” button on remote) without having to enter the menu, go into Files, scroll down to Delete, and then confirm. If this could be done using the delete button, or have a remote code we could use for Harmony to drop directly into the delete function - that would also work. Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [SMB] Smb2 Support

Please add for support for Samba SMB v2. v1 is no longer safe and supported by default in Windows 10. It's unsafe and insecure so please add support for v2 in a future firmware, after all Zidoo and Dune HD have managed it.

263 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    research and development  ·  34 comments  ·  Zappiti Player 4K HDR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. [Feature] Ability to mirror dual hard drives, to prevent data loss

Since the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR can seat 2 hard drives, each being up to 16TB, it would be very handy if there was the options to mirror the HDDs in a RAID 1 configuration to prevent losing 16TB worth of movies and music.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. [Hard drive] Support for Samsung 870 QVO 8TB SSD

Hi, I have read the recommended HDD and SSD documentation for the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR. And I noticed that while it's supported up to 2x16TB of HDD, I can only see the Samsung SSD is only supported up to 4TB.

I'm not sure if this is due to outdated information. But Samsung has released the 870 QVO 8TB 2.5" SSD. So can we have a confirmation that the Zappiti Pro 4K HDR can support both 1x8TB or 2x8TB of these provided we have it docked into a 2.5" to 3.5" SATA III enclosure.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. [Categories] Custom categories improvement

When creating a new custom category, it would be great to be able to set criteria
    Ie. if you want to create an atmos category then you could set the criteria for atmos audio and the system could add the movies to you category rather than scroll through hundreds of individual movies to add them seperately

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Zappiti Media Center v4  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. [Functionality] Search in Zappiti Explorer

Explorer needs a simple search function. I have 20 plus screens to scroll through in one directory, and it takes forever to scroll through all the screens to find what you want. Even just allowing entering the first letter of the folder/file of interest would be a huge help.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Zappiti Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. [Navigation] Better menu support

I wish the menu support and navigation could be improved
    I first thought that the reason the still frame section on a blue ray wouldn’t work ,was because of my file ,then I moved it back to my computer and
    Burned a blue ray ,put it in my disc player,and it worked fine

Hitting the play button on DVDs on the Zappiti could be improved

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. [Synopsis] Add other rating (TOMATOMETER scores, MPAA rating)

Add Rotten Tomatoes TOMATOMETER scores and the MPAA rating to the description
    The title pretty much says it all. I find the Rotten Tomatoes rating to be the most accurate. Also it would be nice if the rating (PG, R, PG-13) is shown

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Software Licence and USB UHD reader for existing NAS

I and many others already own NAS devices - often far superior to the one you are providing. It would be a great option to be able to purchase an app with licence and the USB UHD drive so that we could use existing NAS to rip movies to library and operate with Zappiti player as front end in the home cinema.

Also, foreign movies are becoming far more prevalent with select parts requiring subtitles. Not all authored films have the "forced"flag set (most don't) which is a problem itself. Being able to extract the subtitle to a file even…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Zappiti Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [Functionality] Editing films on loading

I don't know if it is currently posible,but to save space it would be nice to edit out unwanted sibtitles and extras when loading a new disc which is what I do with makemkv.Also is it posible to import subtitles from sites such as opensubs for languages that are not native to the disc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. [Subtitles] SSA/ASS subtitle support.

Please add appropriate support for SSA/ASS-type subtitles, if not as an update, then in future hardware please. It is tedious having to re-encode many MKVs with burned-in subs in order to watch many shows correctly on my current Zappiti 4K HDR Pro, which these MKVs play back fine on software players with appropriately rendered SSA subs.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. [Subtitles] Foreign Parts

Many movies are predominately in one language but then introduce some instances of a second language. Subtitles are available from sites such as Subscene.com for the Foreign Parts Only but Zappiti only downloads the full main language subs. Movies like The DaVinci Code, The Last Samurai, Angels and Demons, Thor The Dark World all have instances of a second language spoken; understanding these 'parts' are instrumental in following the plot. In the absence of forced subtitles, this would be good.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base