On some cases — especially if you come from a more recent firmware — during the process, the TV screen can switch to GREEN or BLACK for a while. This is normal! Please do not restart or switch off your Zappiti during the full process. In such case, please wait 10 min before to restart your Zappiti Unit.
WARNING ! This procedure will reset all your personal settings and account information.Thank you to carefully read all of this procedure first! Then please follow the process step by step by reading them one more time.
- Download the firmware file here bellow on the internal HDD of your computer. (Not directly on the flash drive).
> Click here to download the firmware file for Zappiti One / One SE / Duo / Pro 4K HDR
Note : As the Zappiti Mini 4K HDR have less memory than the two other models, the firmware file is different.
- Download the file on your computer. Then, place the IMG file (not uncompressed) on a 2GB USB flash drive formatted in FAT32. IMG file must be placed on the root level, not in a folder. If you do not get IMG file, please try to download it using another internet browser.
Note : If you do not have a USB stick with a 2 GB capacity, you can partition the USB key into 2 partitions: the first of a 1.8 GB size in Fat32 and the second unallocated. To format your USB flash drive, you can use the free AOMEI Partition Manager software.
- Switch off the Zappiti player by using the Power On / Off button located on the back side and disconnect the network cable.
- Connect the USB flash drive into the USB port of the media player located next to the "RESTORE" button.
- Press the "RESTORE" button by using a paper clip (small hole located on the side of the unit). While holding the reset button, turn on the player via the on / off power button at the rear of the unit. Hold the "RESTORE" button within 5 seconds, then release it. A "Z" logo will appear during 30 sec.
- Then, the upgrade process will start and a progress bar will be displayed on the screen.
IMPORTANT : if you have black or green screen, please wait 10min. Then, switch off (not before 10 min) the Zappiti and try again by checking the following points :
- Please use 2 GB USB Flash drive or format your USB flash drive in 2 partitions (one in 2GB / Fat32 and the second one unallocated).
- Try again by connecting your Zappiti media player directly to your TV (without AV receiver or soundbar).
- Did you try to download again the firmware? Maybe the firmware have been incorrectly downloaded. Make sure that you got a file with .IMG extension. If you got a .TAR file or several files, it could be caused by a download software. So please try to switch it off.
- Did you download the firmware file on the internal HDD of your computer or directly on your USB flash memory drive? You have to download it on the internal HDD of your computer. (Not directly on the flash drive).
- Did you try to plug your USB flash drive on another USB input? If it doen't work on the USB 2.0 port, try again on another USB port.
- The first initial boot after the firmware update is very long. If you switched off the player during the first initial boot, your firmware is dead. In such case, please contact us...
- The percentage 99% or 100% is very long. This is quite normal. Please wait until the appearance of "Z" logo. As long as the Zappiti logo is not displayed, do not turn off or disconnect the player above! Warning! The first initial start up is VERY long (1-2 min). So thank you for your patience throughout the initialization of the media player until you reach the player's home page (Zappiti / Explorer / MyApps). DO NOT RESTART the player until the main page appears.
- After the first initial boot, connect the Ethernet cable (if you are using it usually). Then, please wait 5 min. In fact, the system and the apps need some minutes to be fully reseted and could be not accessible during this time. After 5 min, we advise you to restart the player for better performances. The second boot should be much faster and your Zappiti will be fully restored.
- After the second reboot, please click on "Settings", then set your language.
IMPORTANT! As this firmware uses a new SDK (realtek source code). So if you have some issue, we advise you to perform a Factory Reset after the firmware update (please go to MyApps then click Factory Reset):
Factory Reset procedure;