Firmware Restoration Procedure Using USB Flash Drive
1. Download the last firmware file here (IMG file) on the internal HDD of your computer. (Not directly on the flash drive).
2. Place the IMG file on a 2GB USB flash drive formatted in FAT32.
Note: If you do not have a USB stick with a capacity of 2 GB, you can partition the USB key into 2 partitions: the first of a size of 1.8 GB in Fat32 and the second unallocated. To format your USB flash drive, you can use the free AOMEI Partition Manager software.
Note for MAC users: to download a ZIP file without decompressing it, go to the Safari settings, then uncheck "Automatically open reliable files." Then unzip the file using WinZip Mac Edition or equivalent software. To format USB Flash drive in FAT32, Mac OSX create 2 partitions. So please copy the IMG file on the 2 partitions to be sure that the player will see it on the boot sequence.
3. Switch off the Zappiti Player HD by using the Power On / Off button located on the back side.
4. Connect the USB flash drive into one USB 3.0 port located the left of the unit and disconnect the network cable.
5. Press the reset button by using a paper clip (small hole located on the side of the unit). While holding the reset button, turn on the player via the power button on / off at the rear of the unit. Hold the reset button within 5 seconds, then release it.
6. WARNING! Do not turn off the Zappiti Player HD during the recovery procedure.
7. A percentage will be displayed on the screen.
IMPORTANT: if you have black screen, switch off the player and try again by checking the following points:
- Please use USB Flash drive 2GB. Over 2GB drives doesn't works.
- Try again by connecting your Zappiti Player HD directly to your TV (without AV receiver or soundbar).
- Did you try to download again the firmware? Maybe the firmware ahve been incorrectly downloaded.
- Did you download the firmware file on the internal HDD of your computer or directly on your USB flash memory drive? You have to download it on the internal HDD of your computer. (Not directly on the flash drive).
- Did you uncompress the file on the internal HDD of your computer or on your USB flash memory drive? You have to extract it on the internal HDD of your computer. (Not directly on the flash drive).
- Did you try to plug your USB flash drive on another USB input? If it doen't work on the USB 3.0 port, try again on another USB port.
- The first initial boot after the firmware update is very long. If you switched off the player during the first initial boot, your firmware is dead. Please try the following Recovery Procedure.
8. The percentage 99% or 100% is very long. This is quite normal. Please wait until the appearance of Zappiti logo. As long as the Zappiti logo is not displayed, do not turn off or disconnect the player above! Warning! The first initial start up is VERY long (1-2 min). So thank you for your patience throughout the initialization of the Zappiti Player HD until you reach the player's home page (Zappiti / Explorer / Google Play). DO NOT RESTART the player until the main page appears.
9. After the first initial boot, please restart the player. The second boot should be much faster.
10. After the second reboot, please click on "Settings", then set your language.
11. Click on the link bellow to download and install the Home Page et Zappiti apps Video, Explorer, Music and Service: