Zappiti Player / Zappiti Player Mini (Sigma Designs)
Firmware update process:
Check the firmware version of your Zappiti Player
1. Start your Zappiti Player.
2. Press "SETUP" button of your RC.
3. In the SETUP menu, go down the page with PAGE-, then select "i" icon and press ENTER.
4. On the info page, you'll find the firmware version.
1. Download the firmware file here below. The firmwares are compressed in ZIP file (".zip").
2.Uncompress the ZIP file. You can do it with WinZip, or other softwares (WinRar, 7z, ...). You'll get a ".dff" file.
3. Connect the flash memory to your computer.
4. Wait until the flash memory mount on your computer.
5. Copy and past the ".dff" on the flash memory root.
6. Unplug the flash memory from the comuter.
7. Connect the flash memory to a free USB Host port of your Zappiti Player. WARNING! Please disconnect all your other devices and HDD (internal / external) connected to your Zappiti Player before to start the firmware update process.
8. Start your Zappiti Player. Note : more info on Zappiti Player Quick Start Guide
9. Wait until the end of the stating up process.
10. Select your flash memory with UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT buttons of your Zappiti Player RC. Then, press ENTER.
11. Select the firmware update file (.dff). Then, press ENTER.
12. Several messages will appear on the screen. Select OK and press ENTER on every screen.
13. Please wait until the end of the upgrade process.
14. A message "Restart" will appear. Select OK then press ENTER. Please wait 40 sec.
15. The main menu will appear again. The firmware upgrade process is done.
16. Unplug the flash memory and enjoy!
NOTE : it is possible to upgrade the firmware via Ethernet or Wi-Fi directly from the Zappiti Player.
Recovery procedure after firmware update crash
In case of firmware upgrade crash (e.g. the player is switched off during firmware upgrade), firmware recovery is possible in most cases. IMPORTANT! Thank you to carefully read all of this procedure first! Then please follow the process step by step by reading them one more time.
If this procedure does not solve your issues, please follow this process:
> Zappiti Player firmware version "140430_0849_b8"
Zappiti Player: dune_firmware_zappiti__base3d_140430_0849_b8.dff.zip
Zappiti Player Mini: dune_firmware_zappiti__tv303d_140430_0849_b8.dff.zip