How to Add a Movie Cover or Background Using a PC or a MAC
If you're using a local Zappiti Server (PC, Mac, Synology, ASUSTOR) you can put images files next to your medias so that Zappiti could detects and use them by default.
In order to operate, you need to organize your videos and images like so:
- A single file per folder.
- Images files must be in the same folder as the video file.
- Images files must be labeled like so:
- For posters arts : icon.jpg, folder.jpg, folder.png, poster.jpg, icon.png, poster.png, front.jpg, front.png
- For backgrounds : background.jpg, background.png, backdrop.jpg, backdrop.png, back.jpg, back.png
Therefore, you can manually upload an image for a already scrapped item from Zappiti Media Center V4 for PC. To perform that, please proceed like so:
1.Right-click on the movie poster or synopsis and select "Change the Image...".
2. In the poster and backgrounds selection screen, clic "Get from computer..." button.
3. Select you file and submit. A loading wheel will show up during the file upload, then the window will close and your image will be displayed.
This feature is exclusive to Zappiti Media Center V4 for PC.
How to Add a Movie Cover or Background Using TMDb
If you do not have a PC, you can add your pictures to TMDb (The Movie Database) that are used by Zappiti. You just have to create an account on TMDb and then you will be able to add your pictures (movie covers and backgrounds) to the database. Then, after 24h you will be able to select the pictures directly using "Change Picture" option located in Zappiti Menu.
How to Contribute To Zappiti Db Community
Zappiti Media Center V4 features a new smart and powerful movie and TV show scan engine. Day after day, the Zappiti Database will grow thanks to the Zappiti community and scans become more and more efficient and reliable. For instance, Metropolis.mkv can be associated to the 2001 Japanese animated movie version instead of the 1927 version from Fritz Lang. But if one single Zappiti user associates the right version, all the other users will benefit from it!
To know more about it, please click here...
Back to the Summary.