If you are living in country where Zappiti is not yet popular, if could happed often at the beginning, mostly if you are using a Zappiti NAS Rip because the generated file titles are rarely named correctly. But day after day, Zappiti dB will increasingly reliable as and as users manually identify files of movies and TV series.
How to identify a movie or a TV show episode
In Zappiti, if you are using a Zappiti media player, press MENU of the RC and select “X to Identify”. If you are using a PC or MAC, click to “X to Identify” located on the top of the screen. You’ll see the list of the files that are not indentified by Zappiti.
Front of each video file, you will see 3 buttons on the screen. If you do not know which movie is the file to identify, please use the "Play" button to identify it.
Then, click on the button named "Identify..."
On the Identify windows, please enter again the name of the movie.
You can also enter the IMDb, TMDb or TVDb ID code to identify your movie or your TV show.
How to find the ID code of your movie
1. Open your favorite Internet browser such as Google Chrome (on a computer, smartphone or tablet), then go to www.imdb.com. For TV Show, please go to thetvdb.com.
2. Use the seach engine to find your movie in the movie database.
3. Then, on the movie page, locate the ID code in the URL. For instance, the URL of the movie "Metropolis" will be "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0017136/".
4. Copy the ID code number of your movie. For instance, the ID code number of the movie "Metropolis" is "tt0017136".
5. Then return back to Zappiti and paste the ID number into the field instead of the title name. Then press the "Search" button. Zappiti will find the right movie at 100%.
Click on the title to identify it.
Done! Your movie will be correctly identified and added to your collection. You can find it esealy in the RECENT section.
Everytime you will identify manually a movie or a TV show episode, you will contribute to improving the Zappiti database.